Power Mocha Smoothie
Start your day with more than just a cup of coffee. This delicious mocha smoothie features chilled Purity Coffee, nutritious bananas, energy-rich nut butters and anti-inflammatory turmeric. Coffee contains a variety of phytochemicals, many of which have antioxidant properties. There is plenty of research on coffee and cancer risk with over 1,000 studies on the topic. The latest research suggests it may be protective for some cancers like endometrial and liver. Purity Coffee will also donate 25% to AICR on every future purchase you make.
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup brewed Purity Coffee, chilled
- 2 Tbsp. hulled hemp seeds
- 1 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 Tbsp. nut butter (e.g.: peanut butter, almond butter, cashew butter)
- 1 tsp. fresh turmeric root, minced
- Pinch of black pepper
Makes 1 serving. Per serving: 340 calories, 18 g total fat (3.5 g saturated fat, 0 g trans fat), 0 mg cholesterol, 37 g carbohydrates, 13 g protein, 8 g dietary fiber, 75 mg sodium, 17 g sugar, 1 g added sugar.
- Combine all ingredients in a high-power blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Drink immediately.
- Brew coffee according to instructions, then let chill in refrigerator overnight.
- One teaspoon of pure vanilla extract can be used in place of the whole vanilla bean. The fresh turmeric root can be replaced with 1/2 teaspoon of powdered turmeric.
*Recipe and photo courtesy of The American Institute of Cancer Research