Maple Walnut Granola
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/4 cup chopped English walnuts
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
Makes 10 servings (1/2 cup). Per serving: 220 calories, 11 g total fat (1 g saturated fat, 0 g trans fat), 0 mg cholesterol, 27 g carbohydrates, 4 g protein, 3 g dietary fiber, 30 mg sodium, 7 g sugar, 7 g added sugar.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Lightly coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, combine oats, flour, walnuts, cinnamon and salt. In separate bowl whisk together maple syrup, oil and vanilla. Add to oat mixture, stirring well to coat.
- On large baking sheet, evenly spread mixture. Bake 30 minutes. Remove tray from oven and stir granola, breaking up any lumps. Return to oven and bake an additional 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow granola to cool completely. Store in airtight container.
This granola is great on its own, with milk or yogurt and fresh fruit.